• Weekly Humanist Cappuccino Club on Sunday mornings 10am – 12.30pm. The Club currently meets upstairs at Thrive, 5-7 Norfolk St, Cambridge, CB1 2DL. Look for the CHG table sign (either towards the back of the Cafe or in the library space on the right).
• Social pub evenings – various venues.
• Discussion group – at the Isaac Newton Pub on Castle Hill, usually on a weekday evening.
• Occasional talks by guest speakers at a central Cambridge venue.
These are open to all interested parties and are publicised via our Meetup Group page
• We periodically hold social meetings hosted on private premises; these are only open to currently paid-up members of the CHG.
The CHG provides speakers to primary and secondary schools within Cambridgeshire and beyond. We help RE and philosophy tutors teach Humanism as part of the syllabus requirements regarding non-religious belief systems.
We are represented on our local Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE), which is the body responsible for advising the Local Education Authority on Religious Education.
We periodically contribute events to Festivals hosted by Cambridge University, among them the Hermann Bondi Memorial Lecture.